In today’s modern dentistry, if there is no opportunity to restore a damaged, decayed or broken tooth with filling treatment, crown or protective dentistry, the tooth may be extracted. Please find some situations, in which the tooth needs to be extracted:
- Severe tooth decay until the root,
- When the tooth is unrestorable even with a root canal therapy
- Losing tooth because of gum diseases,
- The presence of broken and traumatized teeth,
- The presence of the milk teeth that do not fall on their own,
- When the teeth are impacted or half-impacted,
- When the teeth cause the formation of cyst or tumor
- When the tooth or the bone around the tooth is lost because of the infection
Hence, for protecting the patient’s health.
In some cases, since there is no place for all teeth, it is necessary to prepare an orthodontic treatment plan and extract some teeth.